Sunday, November 30, 2014

Grieving in Style

I just have to say how excited I am for being legitimately happy about something...something that makes me excited....something that makes me feel good about myself...and that something is......a new cashmere sweater! (insert ooohs and aaahs here) It's heather grey, super soft, and will look absolutely perfect with a pair of black leggings and tall boots. I'm actually looking forward to waking up tomorrow morning so that I can get dressed and admire myself in the mirror! Woohoo!

It's sad that I am proud of myself for selfishly spending money on clothes that I could be saving for something really important, like a new refrigerator, but when you're grieving, every little accomplishment counts. The fact that I am happy about anything is a major win.

So that is all I have to say today. I'm still sad. I still have a steady stream of tears waiting to fall at any given moment, but DAMN I will look good while I grieve.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, what a way to start a Monday - In style! I hope your outfit looked just as you planned and that your day at work wasn't so bad. You are SO so brave for going back to work. Seriously, way to go! It's nice to smile, isn't it. Take the moments of happiness and live them to the fullest, because as we know the dark hour will approach soon and when it does you will cry with all you've got. So be happy with all you've got when you have moments of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweater did look just as I imagined....super stylin' ;). Isn't it such a drastic shock some days when you realize "Wow, this sweater is the only thing that has made me feel happiness today!"? It makes me long for the first 26 years of my life when happiness was typical and sadness was unfamiliar. Hope you are getting lots of happiness moments, and not just from sweaters :).

    ReplyDelete